*** EXPANDED VISITATION INFORMATION ***
October 30, 2020
Dear Family and Friends,
We are taking reservations for essential caregiver visits with your COVID-19 negative loved ones. If your loved one designated you as one of his or her two essential caregivers (EC), you will be able to visit during the scheduled/reserved appointment time. Visitation will occur between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
However, please know that with this expanded visitation come several requirements as mandated by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (THHSC) and/or our facility. Essential caregiver (EC) requirements are as follows and are required for each visit:
- EC must present a valid driver’s license or another acceptable legal form of identification to prove identity.
- EC must undergo PPE and infection control training at the beginning of each scheduled visit.
- EC must provide a copy of your negative COVID-19 test result that has been completed within seven days of the scheduled visit. Antigen and PCR tests are acceptable; saliva tests are not.
- EC must wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). It is requested and appreciated that the EC bring his or her own PPE to include a respirator or surgical mask, gown, and goggles or a face shield. If EC is unable to supply his or her own PPE, it will not affect or cancel your reservation. We will help to secure those PPE items for you, but we thank you in advance for doing your best to bring your own PPE as we constantly and diligently work hard to stock required PPE supplies for our residents and employees.
- EC must sign an agreement acknowledging and accepting the rules and expectations during these visits.
Important information for ECs to know:
- Only 1 EC can visit at the scheduled visitation time.
- A facility employee will escort EC to and from the resident’s room. EC is not allowed to go anywhere else in the facility except for the resident’s room or the designated visitation area if the resident’s room does not allow for proper visitation.
- Each visit can last up to 2 hours. If the EC needs to leave before that, EC should communicate such to the facility visitation scheduler or the facility employee escort prior to the visit’s commencement.
- Sharing of meals with your loved one is strictly prohibited.
- Click this link to locate a COVID-19 testing center offering free tests: https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/community-based-testing-sites/index.html
In addition to EC visits, closed window and end of life visits are allowed at this time. Outdoor, open window, vehicle parade, and plexiglass indoor visits all require approval from the state. We are working to meet the requirements to obtain approval to begin offering these types of visits as well.
As previously mentioned, our goal is and continues to be to keep your loved ones safe as we implement this new visitation policy. Again, thanks for your continued understanding and support. We thank you for trusting us to care for your loved ones and can’t wait to see you!
Please call Nima Jalloh or Mary Lou Gonzales at 469-269-1000 to schedule your visit.
*** NOTICE REGARDING COVID-19 ***
November 26, 2020
We received notification that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. To recap we have three employees who are COVID-19 positive. Positive employees will not return to work until deemed recovered.
We continue to follow the Centers for Disease Control, Local Health Department, and Texas Health and Human Services guidance in medically assessing and examining employees at the beginning and end of each shift. We are diligently monitoring and assessing residents and employees, following the disinfecting and housekeeping protocols, adhering to social distancing guidelines, and numerous other preventative measures. Residents have been assigned representatives to aid with communication to family members via Smartphones, tablets, and computers to help minimize feelings of social isolation.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends who have lost loved ones due to COVID-19. As our nation and the world experience the impact made by the COVID-19 pandemic, rest assured we have implemented the best available precautions and have the appropriate supplies needed to care for your loved one. If you have questions or comments, please contact Director of Nursing Emily Ramos at ERamos@paramounthc.com.
The Texas Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program is hosting a weekly Q&A for Families of LTC Residents.
Visit Their Facebook Page for Events & Information
Quality Living at Stonemere
Our facility is a licensed nursing and rehabilitation community dedicated to providing the elderly with compassionate, high-quality care in a safe and comfortable environment.